The Values of Phi Gamma Delta
• Friendship -- We are united by FRIENDSHIP. It is the basis of our brotherhood. Because of it we accomplish far more than we do as individuals. Friendship is the sweetest influence.
• Knowledge -- We promote the pursuit of KNOWLEDGE. It is the key to a fuller, richer life. We gain it through education, the harmonious development of the powers of the individual.
• Service -- We encourage SERVICE. We have the ability, the opportunity, and the duty to serve our fellow human beings. Our reward is the satisfaction that comes from serving.
• Morality -- We believe in MORALITY. As gentlemen of quality we must do what is right as individuals and as a group. Moral behavior is the basis of society's existence.
• Excellence -- We strive for EXCELLENCE. It is attained only when we fulfill our total potential. Mankind benefits when each of us becomes all that we can be.
The Fraternity's Official Seal dates to the 1860s and reflects the badge, plus a handshake and book. See a picture of the original seal in our history of our heraldic insignia. This version was adopted in 1925 for official use.
Heraldic insignia in Phi Gamma Delta date from the year 1879. Prior to that time the Fraternity used the original seal. The coat of arms includes a gold shield with three red American Roses, a purple chevron, and three silver stars. The crest is our mascot, the Snowy White Owl. The Fraternity's open motto graces the scroll. Read about the history of our coat of arms
Phi Gamma Delta's Recognition Badge reflects the black diamond and white star of the Founders' badge worn by initiates. It was originally adopted in 1910 as a tiny lapel pin for graduates to wear when the actual badge was not appropriate.
This print depicts the official mascot of Phi Gamma Delta: Gamma, the Snowy White Owl and official mascot of Phi Gamma Delta, looking particularly fierce. Gamma is perched on a fencepost adorned with our official flower -- Purple Clematis.